What does the option to pay with installments mean?
- When checking out with Shop Pay, you now have the option to pay now or later. Paying in installments on Shop Pay allows you to split your purchase amount into 4 equal, biweekly installment payments—with 0% APR interest, no hidden or late fees, checking eligibility has no impact to credit.* In some instances, your first payment is due when you make your purchase; otherwise, your first payment is due 2 weeks after your purchase.
How does paying in installments on SHOP PAY work?
How it works
- Add items to your cart
- Check out with Shop Pay
- Choose to pay in 4 installments
Your first payment will either be due at checkout or 2 weeks after your purchase. The next 3 remaining installments will be automatically charged to your card saved on Shop Pay every 2 weeks. You will get an email reminder before each payment to keep you in the know!
Which payment methods are accepted if I use the option to pay in installments on Shop Pay?
- The installments option on Shop Pay is available on debit and credit cards.
Which purchases can I pay in installments on?
- Any product with the Shop Pay Installments option on the product page can be purchased using this payment method.
My installments payments using Shop Pay was rejected - why?
- Eligibility for and approval of Shop Pay Installments is managed by Shop Pay and Affirm. CJLA has no control over this process, but you should receive an email from Affirm detailing why your payment was rejected.
What happens if I need to make a return on my order that was paid in installments?
- If you need to return an item before paying off the installments, you will be issued out a store credit for the return as usual. However, you will still need to continue to make the payments until the order is paid off.
How can I manage my Shop Pay account or change payment methods and addresses?
- You can manage all of these settings through the Shop portal here.
Are there late fees?
- No, there are no late fees if you miss a scheduled payment.
Will this affect my credit score?
- No, if you choose to pay in installments through Shop Pay, checking eligibility has no impact to credit. For Shop Pay installments, Affirm will not report to credit bureaus.
I have other questions about paying in installments on Shop Pay.
- If you have more questions about installment payments on Shop Pay, you can refer to help pages here or here.
*Payment options are offered by Affirm and are subject to eligibility check and may not be available in all states. Rates from 0% APR or 10-36% APR. Payment options through Shop Pay Installments are subject to an eligibility check and are provided by these lending partners: affirm.com/lenders. Options depend on your purchase amount, and a down payment may be required. State notices to consumers https://www.affirm.com/