How Often Should You Wash Your Blanket?
How Often Should You Wash Your Blanket? | Minky Couture
- Machine wash in COLD water. Putting heat on the blanket will melt the blanket's fibers together and your blanket will lose its softness.
- For best results, wash alone
- We recommend using regular liquid or powder detergent when washing. Pods are not recommended to use on your blankets.
- NO fabric softener. Minky Blanket fibers are very fine. If the blanket is washed with fabric softener, the water has a hard time pulling the softener from the blanket fibers. It will get trapped between the fibers and harden when it dries, leaving your blanket feeling crusty.
- Hang it to dry, then put it in the dryer on an AIR setting only to fluff it up. Again, there can't be any heat or it will melt the material.