& that's a wrap on our second week of Minky on the Move! I don't know about you, but this has been such a fun way to see the United States and have locals from each state show us their favorite things to do. Even amidst the crazy, we've been able to experience so much so far through these influencers.
Let's take a look at the states we virtually visited this week!
Katerina Seigel (@katerinaseigel) is a full time lifestyle blogger based in Philadelphia, PA. She loves the familiar and hometown feel that Philly gives off. There's so much history in the city as well as a fun night life with lots of yummy places to eat.
Katerina's favorite thing about Philadelphia: the FOOD!
Katerina ordered a Philly Cheesesteak take out from one of her favorite restaurants and as soon as we're able, we're getting on a plane to go eat a Cheesesteak in Philly because that looks delicious.
With so many different cultures and ethnicities in Philly, it brings amazing diversity to the different kinds of food you can eat throughout the city. Some of her favorites are Vietnamese and Indian restaurants.
Did you know there's a large vegan population in Philadelphia? Katerina is vegan and she loves the food variety that restaurants provide for this lifestyle! You can't go wrong at any restaurant!
Meet Danika! (@danikakunz) Danika is originally from Utah but she is living in Texas for the summer while her husband does sales out there! She took us around to some of her favorite places she's fell in love with in Texas so far! Here they are:
- Torchy's Tacos. They have many locations throughout Texas and Colorado.
- Sweet Charlie's Ice Cream
- Verdure. Spa and health club! People travel from all over Texas to come to Verdure.
- Home of Palo Duro Canyon, the 2nd largest canyon in the United States
- Cadillac Ranch. This is where Danika went for the come find me! The first person who found her there got a free Minky blanket!
Meet Sacha! (@_bahamasgirl_) She has lived in North Carolina for a couple of months now and loves it there. She has found so many cute places around her area and gave us a sneak peek!
- Locally owned, Better Together Donut & Coffee House. They sell cute & tiny donuts with your order
- Family owned Italian restaurant: Enrico's. Sacha ordered their roasted peppers and eggplant with their homemade marinara sauce on penne pasta. (She highly recommends it!)
- Hiking! Sacha showed us some of her favorite outdoor places around North Carolina & we are in love!! There are so many trails to go on! She showed us: Fires Creek and Jack Rabbit Mountain Biking Trails.
- Chattooga Belle Farm. Sacha says this has quickly become one of her favorite go-to spots. There's even a little eatery inside with the yummiest homemade goodies.
Thanks for showing us around NC, Sacha!
Leslie Benson (@dear.kindred) is from Wyoming and works as a NICU nurse there! Leslie showed us some of her favorite things to do around Wyoming, like horseback riding & visiting parks and lakes. Leslie sees NICU babies every day at her job and she understands how important it is to properly care for them and keep them healthy. She talks about our Heart of Minky program, something near and dear to her heart.
Did you know that your sense of smell is directly tied to your emotions and memory? Giving a newborn something that has the scent of their parents can help the baby feel calm and can help with the baby's brain development. We were able to send Leslie Minky minis for her to donate to her NICU in Wyoming!
A big thank you to our essential workers, working hard to keep us safe and healthy! We're so grateful for you all!
Meet Isabel! (@isabel.wherry) She lives in a tiny town in Northwest Illinois, along the Mississippi river (one of their favorite views!). Here are her favorite places around her.
- Steam Anchor Coffee Co. is one of Isabel's favorite place to get smoothies in her town!
- There are so many bike trails that Isabel and her kids love to go on. Especially the one down by the Mississippi River is a gorgeous view!
Isabel's favorite things about Illinois are the wide open spaces, warm summers, and friendly atmosphere. There are so many places to get delicious food, natural attractions, close proximity to rivers and lakes, and resort towns!
Thanks for showing us around Illinois, Isabel!
Stick with us as we travel across the United States as we visit locals favorite places and meet so many new people! We're excited to have you on this journey with us!
Sewn with love,