This week launched our Minky on the Move campaign where we take our followers around the United States virtually, having locals from each state show us their favorite places and giving us fun facts about their state. These state sneak peeks will give each of us a glimpse at what makes each state so amazing!
Starting off the campaign for Week 1, we've highlighted our first four states: Utah, Tennessee, Delaware, and Idaho!
Minky Couture's owner, Sandi Hendry, kicked off the start of our campaign in Utah, showing us her favorite places around Salt Lake City. Some fun facts about Utah are:
- The very middle city of Utah is called Levan, which is navel backwards, meaning the center
- Utah was home of the first major department store in all the nation, ZCMI
- Utah consumes more ice cream and jello than any other state in the nation
Jasmine Sweet (@jasminekatrina) is an influencer living in Nashville, TN and has lived there for the past 4 years. She gave us a tour of The Gulch, one of her favorite spots around Nashville.
Nashville's The Gulch is the home of many eateries, it's the perfect place for one stop shopping, and has multiple colorful murals.
A fun fact about Nashville:
- There are waterfalls surrounding Nashville and over to East Tennessee. Jasmine recommends visiting Cummins Falls State Park!
We asked our followers some of their places around Tennessee and here are just a few of the responses we received:
- Bristol Motor Speedway - The Grand Ole Opry
- Gatlinburg - Oak Ridge
- Waterfalls in Tellico - Loveless Caffe
Samantha (@samanthastyled) is a fashion & lifestyle blogger living in Delaware & took over our Instagram page on Thursday to show us around her state! Here are some of Samantha's favorites & Delaware's highlights!
Some fun facts about Delaware that Samantha shared with us:
- There is no sales tax in Delaware
- Lots of high end jewelry stores in the state because there is no sales tax
- Delaware was the first state to ratify the constitution. Delaware pride for being the first state!
If you've been to Delaware, share with us some of your favorite spots!
Kelsi and Caleb Fullmer and their family took us around Idaho! They showed us some of their state's hidden gems and the Fullmer's favorite hikes and places to eat around their great state!
Fullmer's Top Idaho Locations: